4” OLAES MODULAR BANDAGE, FLAT PACKED
The OLAES® Modular Bandage is the newest generation of trauma bandages and is advantageous for all levels of care providers. Packed with features such as 3 meters of gauze, a removable occlusive plastic sheet behind the trauma dressing pad, and a pressure bar that can also act as an eye cup, the advanced capabilities of the medical bandage are tucked neatly away and can be utilized if required or simply ignored. No hooks or clips to confuse or delay care. Velcro® 'Control' strips prevent the elastic roll from accidentally unraveling and secure the emergency bandage throughout the application process. This OLAES® dressing is designed with direct input from some of the most experienced combat medics in the world, no detail has been left out. From the adhesive 'brakes' on the elastic bandage that prevent accidental unrolling to the zig-zag packed gauze that easily feeds from the bandage, this is the most comprehensive feature packed bandage available without any added confusion. No other medical dressing bandage offers so much versatility in such a small package. Cover minor wounds, apply truly effective pressure dressings, apply occlusive dressings, and have the ability to pack severe wounds with one OLAES® Modular Trauma Bandage.
- During high stress situations, such as those involving casualties, stress effects on human performance often affect the fine motor skills of individuals. This makes simple tasks such as bandage application more difficult and time consuming. By creating a pressure bandage where application involves only gross motor skills, no direction changes around hooks or bars, the Olaes® Modular Bandage significantly offers a simpler and more effective solution in bandage dressing options.
- The elastic combat dressing simply requires wrapping where the elastic stays flat instead of turning into a cord. Control of the elastic roll is maintained by the 'Control Strips' should the elastic be dropped. You no longer have to open or carry a package of gauze and a separate bandage as both are included in the same package.
A True Pressure Cup:
- The unique pressure cup generates true focused pressure on top of the wound site where it is required, not circumferential pressure like an ineffective tourniquet. By generating this focused pressure it helps occlude damaged vessels at the wound site where it is needed. It also reduces the amount of manual pressure required to be held, freeing up the care provider to treat other injuries or casualties. The pressure cup can also be removed and used as an eye cup for treatment of ocular injuries as recommended in the new TCCC guidelines.
- Elastic wrap with built in 'control strips' to prevent inadvertent unraveling
- 3 meters of sterile 4-ply gauze
- Plastic occlusive sheet included in dressing pocket
- Transparent pressure cup that focuses pressure on the wound site and allows for visual inspection of uncontrolled hemorrhage